Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hyperborea



Ps. 48, 2: "Mount Zion in the Far North is the city of the great King."

Job 37, 22: "Out of the North He comes in golden splendor; God comes in awesome majesty."

Isaiah 14, 13: "You said in your heart: 'I will scale the heavens; Above the stars of God I will set up my throne; I will take my seat on the Mount of Assembly, in the recesses of the North."

Ezek. 1, 4: "As I looked, a stormwind came from the North, a huge cloud with flashing fire enveloped in brightness, from the midst of which something gleamed like electrum."

etc.

The Hebraic "zaphon" has associations with the "heavens", the extreme north, and the "sacred mountain" situated in the direction of the far-north; in the biblical texts, the cosmic north, "Hyperborea", represents the enigmatic, mountainous abode of the Godhead as polar-axial Unmoved-Mover--the "Monsalvatsch" or "Monsalvat" of Grail-Legend, etc.


From the Gornahoor Forum, Theomast

No comments:

Post a Comment